UTEX Industries (www.utexind.com)
UTEX Industries designs and manufactures sealing products for almost any type of service or application and is a recognized leader in providing innovative sealing design technology.
Over the years, they have developed a reputation as problem solvers and innovators in worldwide markets. The resulting growth includes facilities in the United States, as well as sales offices in England & South America. The distributor network reaches all major market areas and provides quick and easy access to strategically positioned inventory.
Available packaged in compete sets or on an individual component basis.
“SF” Design V-Packings:
- The SF Design V-Packing is one of the most versatile and popular sealing designs on the market today. The single stack SF hinge design allows the sealing lips to remain in contact with the surface being sealed without putting undue stress on the sealing ring itself. It has an initial interference so adjustment is not required for sealing. The flexibility of the design allows sealing at a wide range of pressures under almost any condition. The SF V-Ring is designed with mating surfaces that provide a void between rings, acting as a lubrication reservoir. This design helps retard nesting, allows rings to relax between cycles and allows lubrication to reach all sealing rings.
- Recommended Applications: General service - for low/medium/ high pressures, industrial & chemical use, oilfield service – mixed fluids, saltwater disposal, crude transfer, well service – cementing, acidizing, fracturing, high-pressure water blast.
“SSF” Design V-Packings
- The SSF Design V-Packing combines the advantages of the SF design with the double-stack pressure sealing of the SSF design. It has an initial interference so adjustment is not required for sealing. The SSF design is able to withstand higher pressures and loads than standard V-packing. The double-stack SSF has extra material in the design that resists rollover and distortion commonly seen in standard V-packing where excessive load and/or pressures are present.
- Recommended Applications: General service - for low/medium/high pressures, industrial & chemical use, oilfield service – mixed fluids, saltwater disposal, crude transfer, well service – cementing, acidizing, fracturing, high-pressure water blast.
- Designed primarily to be used with the SF, SSF, and ASF design v-packing where slurries and other abrasive fluids are being pumped. The Utex header ring has a dual purpose in sealing systems as a wiper element and/or an elastomeric spring. The AH Design loads the V-packing assembly and restricts abrasives from the main packing.
- Recommended Applications: Well servicing pumps, general service applications, abrasive & slurry, fracturing, cementing, acidizing.
UTEX manufactures a complete line of compression packing at its Weimar, Texas plant. On-site yarn coating and drying facilities, combined with a variety of braiding machines, allow production of the highest quality, most consistent compression packing products available. A research staff constantly develops improved methods of production and testing to allow UTEX to remain in the forefront of the industry. New yarns and fibers are constantly being tested in an effort to provide better sealing solutions for all markets.
Available in a variety of materials, including:
UTEX designs and manufactures a full line of standard mechanical seals for most applications required in today's market. We also offer engineered designs for applications that require special treatment.
Seal designs include:
- Metal Bellows
- Single Spring
- Outside Mount
Ring Type Joints are primarily used by the oil, gas, petrochemical and offshore industries. They are also commonly used on valve, pipework assemblies and vessel joints. Ring Type Joints are used to seal flanged connections subject to high pressures and temperatures. These precision-made solid metal gaskets form a metal to metal seal with the flanges. The gasket cross-sections are designed to concentrate the bolt load over a small are to produce a high seating stress. The gasket metal must always be softer than the mating flanges. The high seating stress causes “plastic-flow” of the gasket into the flange faces to create a seal. The “RX” and “BX” gaskets are designed to be pressure activated by the sealed media which improves the efficiency of the seal as the internal pressure of the system increases.
Standard materials include:
- Soft Iron
- Low-Carbon Steel
- Type 304 SS
- Type 316 SS
- Type 321 SS
- Type 502 SS